Tape and Label - Industry Solutions
The wide range of capabilities offered by ITW Dynatec’s technologies, including compatibility with a wide range of substrates, adhesives, speeds, widths and coat weights, open up a remarkable range of options for tape manufacturers. From one-inch-wide paint tape to sixty inch master rolls, with a .5 ml to 10 ml coating, tape of all kinds is made possible by ITW Dynatec technology, including:
- Pressure sensitive tapes
- Permanent tapes
ITW Dynatec has also developed a whole series of slot die technologies
for laying down highly precise coat weights on either release liner or on the tape substrate itself:
- Cross-web distribution accuracies to ±3%.
- Ideal for heat sensitive materials.
- Coat weights as low as 1gsm.
- Coat weight and width changes during production.
- Consistent coating on irregular surfaces.
- Streak-free finish.
- Non-contact application encapsulates surface contaminants instead of trapping them between the die lip and substrate, producing consistent coating performance while minimizing waste.
- Ideal for precise high-speed intermittent applications
- Optional non-heated die width extension(s) for easier substrate handing
- Air operated modules feature spring-assist close for precise cut-off
- Die-lip design prevents build-up of unwanted materials
| The Dynatec Advantage
- Significant adhesive savings. The Apex slot die adhesive applicator’s clean, crisp cutoff creates adhesive savings unmatched in the industry.
- Product savings. Apex’s innovative design features, such as reverse-acting modules and optimized channels, minimize not only adhesive waste but also product waste.