CrossCoat™ - Non-Contact Metering Slot Die
The CrossCoat™ is a non-contact, metered slot applicator that produces a precise flow of adhesive for coating applications that require streak-free results.
ITW Dynatec’s CrossCoat™ is a non-contact, metered slot applicator that produces a precise flow of adhesive for coating applications that require streak-free results. A continuous film is formed from the applicator to the substrate. The surface attraction of the adhesive enables it to be stretched as it is applied to the substrate, producing highly accurate and repeatable results. Cross-web accuracies to ±3% can be achieved with a minimum application coat weight of 1gsm at web speeds of 1,000 m/minute or more.
- Cross-web distribution accuracies to ±3%.
- Ideal for heat sensitive materials.
- Coat weights as low as 1gsm.
- Coat weight and width changes during production.
- Consistent coating on irregular surfaces.
- Streak-free finish.
- Non-contact application encapsulates surface contaminants instead of trapping them between the die lip and substrate, producing consistent coating performance while minimizing waste.
|| The Dynatec Difference
- No Heat Memory - Heat sensitive materials such as thin PP and PE film do not come into contact with the die lip, eliminating damage to the film.
- Conformity to Irregular Surfaces - Establishing an adhesive film enables 100% coating of fabrics, textured foils, technical textiles and other non-flat surfaces.
- Streak-Free Coating - Smooth and clear fluid coating that encapsulates substrate contaminants instead of producing dry lines.
- Flexible Coat Weights - The non-contact coating method permits elongation of the adhesive until the desired coat weight is achieved. Coat weights from 1 to over 100 gsm are achievable “on-the-fly” dependent upon the adhesive rheology.
||Video: CrossCoat Non-Contact Metered Slot Die