Medical Composites - Nonwovens Applications
ITW Dynatec’s technologies allow our customers to impart unique characteristics to medical composite products.
- Apply or impregnate lotion into various medical applications
- Create products with absorbent characteristics
- Create absorbent products bonded within barrier layers
The medical and specialty nonwoven industry is rapidly growing and changing every year. This segment of the industry requires equipment that has a very high level of flexibility and always, reliability. Also, ITW Dynatec is also aware that this industry is always looking for ways to reduce cost through utilizing low basis weight raw materials and very low adhesive weights. This is why we have continually developed new ways to apply the lowest adhesive add-on levels in the industry while maintaining the highest accuracy.
ITW Dynatec’s patented UFD Omega™ and Random Fiber spray
technology has no competition when it comes to low add-on levels with strong bond strengths. Also, with the precision fiber control there are no overspray problems like with all other spray technologies. With medical applications like hospital components, heat wraps and other specialty nonwoven applications, ITW Dynatec has the complete range of equipment to meet the ever-changing product requirements of the medical and specialty nonwoven industry.
We also have a full range of equipment for the fluid dispensing of specialty materials. With our Vector™ Platform
we can precision meter low viscosity fluids, wax, surfactants and other non-hot melt materials with precision control. Whether the material is heated, low melt or non-heated, ITW Dynatec has an application solution.
The Technology: UFD fiberized spray
- Modular applicators can be combined to build segmented applicators from one to as many as 200 ports.
- The industry’s most precise applicator for size and placement of multiple fiber size patterns.
- Laminated plate technology (LPT) produces monofilament strands of adhesive and uses heated air to elongate those strands and lay them down in random or ordered patterns.
|| The Dynatec Advantage
- Adhesive savings: In many cases, by using our UFD fiberized spray technology, you can cut adhesive usage by 20-50% without sacrificng bond strength or durability.
- The perfect-fit solution: UFD application technology is available in three applicators:
- UFD Fiberized Spray
- Offers infinite variability
- Delivers high precision coat weights from .1 gsm to 300 gsm
- Produces web widths from single yarn/strand to 5m wide
- Can vary web widths on the fly
- UFD High Speed Applicator
- Can achieve times as low as 3.5 milliseconds
- Offers high precision adhesive coating at cycle speeds up to 6,000 per minute
- Features rapid component changeover
- Equity UFD Applicator
- Offers adhesive add-on weights from .02 grams per linear meter per strand
- Delivers remarkable adhesive savings up to 70% over spiral or all other types of non-contact application methods
- Available in vertical or horizontal nozzle mount HS Series modules
- Maximum compatibility is crucial to our end users, which is why both Equity and Apex slot designs utilize the same modules, filters and other components.
- Vector slot technology coupled with patented Surge technology provides 30% to 50% adhesive savings versus conventional slot die technology and the potential to save as much as $250,000 per line.
|| Related Products