Dynamelt™ APS - PUR Adhesive Supply Unit
The Dynamelt Automatic Purge System (APS) hot melt adhesive application system is designed to be used with polyurethane (PUR) adhesives. The APS' sealed lid and moisture removal system ensure successful PUR application.
The Dynamelt APS features ITW Dynatec's patented no-char Melt-On-Demand™ system
DYNAMELT APS™ The Dynamelt Automatic Purge System (APS) hot melt adhesive application system is designed to be used with polyurethane (PUR) adhesives. The APS' sealed lid and moisture removal system ensure successful PUR application.
- MELT-ON-DEMAND hopper grid extends adhesive life and performance
- Automatic adhesive hopper air purge system
- PUR adhesive level sensor with low level alarm
- DynaControl™ automatic purge software with alarms
- 7 year MELT-ON-DEMAND hopper warranty
|| The Dynatec Difference
Most suppliers will agree that adhesive degradation is the number one cause of downtime on hot melt equipment. To address this problem, ITW Dynatec has patented a "Melt-On-Demand" system. ITW Dynatec's vertical, unheated hoppers only melt the amount of adhesive required by the application. Most of the hot melt adhesive in the hopper remains at a much lower temperature, perhaps even solid state. The added benefits of melting only the adhesive required are quicker start-ups, reduced energy costs, better viscosity control, and reduced fumes.
- Less Energy Consumption – The Dynamelt uses less energy than conventional equipment by heating only the adhesive in the lower portion of the hopper. There is no need to waste energy and manufacturing time melting/maintaining the entire contents of the hopper.
- Operator Safety – The adhesive in the top of the hopper remains in a cooler, often solid state and reduces the operator’s potential for burns. Also, adhesive splash-back when filling the hopper is reduced.
- Faster System-Ready – The Dynamini Series does not have to melt all of the adhesive, so it is ready for operation much faster than conventional equipment.
- Adhesive Degradation is Greatly Reduced –By only melting the required amount of adhesive, the common problem of charring is minimized. When adhesive is replenished using conventional equipment, the solid, more dense adhesive falls to the bottom of the hopper causing older glue to move to the top of the hopper. By doing this, adhesive is subject to longer heat exposure which is one of the main causes of char. This does not happen with Melt-On-Demand. The molten glue at the bottom of the hopper is used first. Another important benefit is that all of the heat is applied at the bottom of the hopper using Melt-On-Demand, so char build-up on the side walls of the hopper is minimized.
- Reduced Maintenance – With Melt-On-Demand, equipment maintenance will be reduced. Frequency of Periodic hopper draining to purge char is greatly reduced, and filter and nozzle clogging will be reduced as well.
- Seven-Year Hopper Warranty