Household Goods - Technical Textiles
ITW Dynatec caters to a number of specialties within the Household Goods category of the Technical Textiles industry. Listed below are a few of the specialties within this group that we provide unique solutions for.
- Carpet - ITW Dynatec's adhesive application technologies are used in carpet manufacturing as a better alternative to urethane and latex bonding.
- Roofing - Faster speeds can be achieved with this technology over more conventional methods. With UFD technology, you can bond non-wovens to non-wovens, non-wovens to films, films to rubber, and films to films.
ITW Dynatec’s technologies provide solutions for manufacturers of a variety of other home technology products:
- Anti-skid coating for underlayment
- Laminated housewrap
- Upholstery fabrics
- Bedding material
The Technology: UFD Fiberized Spray
- Modular applicators can be combined to build segmented applicators from one to as many as 200 ports.
- The industry’s most precise applicator for size and placement of multiple fiber size patterns.
- Laminated plate technology (LPT) produces monofilament strands of adhesive and uses heated air to elongate those strands and lay them down in random or ordered patterns.
- UFD Fiberized Spray
- Offers infinite variability
- Delivers high precision coat weights from .1 gsm to 300 gsm
- Produces web widths from single yarn/strand to 5m wide
- Can vary web widths on the fly
- UFD High Speed Applicator
- Can achieve times as low as 3.5 milliseconds
- Offers high precision adhesive coating at cycle speeds up to 6,000 per minute
- Features rapid component changeover
- Equity UFD Applicator
- Offers adhesive add-on weights from .02 grams per linear meter per strand
- Delivers remarkable adhesive savings up to 70% over spiral or all other types of non-contact application methods
- Available in vertical or horizontal nozzle mount HS Series modules
|| The Dynatec Advantage
- Adhesive savings: In many cases, by using our UFD fiberized spray technology, you can cut adhesive usage by 20-50% without sacrificing bond strength or durability.
- The perfect-fit solution: UFD application technology is available in three applicators:
- Ideal for precise high-speed intermittent applications
- Optional non-heated die width extension(s) for easier substrate handing
- Air operated modules feature spring-assist close for precise cut-off
- Die-lip design prevents build-up of unwanted materials
|| The Dynatec Advantage
- Significant adhesive savings. The Apex slot die adhesive applicator’s clean, crisp cutoff creates adhesive savings unmatched in the industry.
- Product savings. Apex’s innovative design features, such as reverse-acting modules and optimized channels, minimize not only adhesive waste but also product waste.